Kinesio® Trademark Policy
All Kinesio® distributors are licensed to use the company’s inventory of registered trademarks during the term of their Agreements. Below is a list of the Kinesio® trademark inventory. Each mark is registered with the United States Patent and Trademark Office and Federal law requires proper use of the registration symbol ®. Misuse of these trademarks, including infringement or use associated with the promotion of third-party products, may result in termination of your Agreement(s). Please use this list as your guide, noting the exact term and placement of the symbol:
- KINESIO TAPING®
- CERTIFIED KINESIO TAPING®
- KINESIO UNIVERSITY®
- CERTIFIED KINESIO TAPING PRACTITIONER®
- KINESIO TAPING EQUINE®
- STERI PRE-CUT®
- FAN CUT®
Additionally, here are some guidelines for using these marks within product titles, descriptions and the like:
Most importantly, ensure that the exact mark and placement of the registration symbol are being used correctly and in accordance with Federal trademark law.
Kinesio® introduces two new Kinesio Taping® products; Fan Cut® and Steri Pre-Cut® which are endorsed by Kinesio University® and its staff of CKTP® and CKTI® experts.
Always begin the mark with a capital letter.
- Incorrect: kinesio
- Correct: Kinesio®, KINESIO®
Avoid using any other terms when describing the Kinesio® brand (i.e. “KT”) in order to prevent confusion with competitor brands.
- Incorrect: KT Mechanical Correction
- Correct: Kinesio Taping® Mechanical Correction
Avoid pairing the marks together as a single word (i.e. “Kinesiotaping”).
- Incorrect: Kinesiotape, kinesiotaping, kinesiotapes
- Correct: Kinesio® tape, Kinesio Taping® Method
Avoid hyphenating the marks
- Incorrect: Kinesio-tape, Kinesio-Taping
- Correct: Kinesio® tape, Kinesio Taping®
The Kinesio® trademark inventory should never be altered, modified or combined to form a new word, or combined with other words or marks, or abbreviated.
- Incorrect: KT tape, K tape, KT seminar, Kinesioseminar
- Correct: Kinesio® tape, Kinesio®
Never use the phrase “Kinesio tape” as a verb.
- Incorrect: “You can kinesio tape that injury with this therapeutic tape”
- Correct: “You can use Kinesio® tape to help with that injury”
When possible, follow the trademark with the generic name of the product or service. For example:
- Kinesio® tape
- Kinesio Taping® method
- Kinesio Taping® materials
- Kinesio Taping® therapy
“Kinesio” by itself should only be used as a reference to the company.
- Kinesio® is located in Albuquerque, NM.
Include the following notice in an appropriate and visible location when using the Kinesio® marks in any printed or electronic materials.
KINESIO®, KINESIO TAPING®, CKTP®, and CERTIFIED KINESIO TAPING PRACTITIONER® are trademarks of Kinesio® IP, LLC.
Location: at the bottom of a webpage, advertisement, catalog, brochure, etc.
This notice need not be used on business cards or other materials where it is impractical to include it due to space limitations.
Only use Kinesio’s logos in the forms provided by Kinesio
Never modify the colors or proportions of the logos or apply other text to the logos without written authorization from Kinesio.